Friday, January 24, 2014

A 1 Week Vegetarian Challenge

So the other night I made a delicious dinner, and I realized that I had made a number of delicious dinners lately...and I had an epiphany that all these dinners were vegetarian (not vegan, they did include cheese and eggs).  And I was amazed.

I really haven't enjoyed meat lately.  I'm not super educated on the subject on the subject, but meat definitely scares me with all the genetic modifications and the things animals are fed to grow big and that they glow bright green with radio active protein enzymes....


Okay, so I haven't ever seen a green glowing cow, but in my imagination that is what I think of when it comes to meat.  

So I've decided to do a 1 Week Vegetarian Challenge!!!

What Will I Eat?
Some ideas I have had and put on my meal plan are:

Breakfasts: 
Yogurt, Granola & Fruit
Breakfast Burritos
Frittatta (I've been wanting to make one)
Blueberry Muffins (Actually after researching some recipes I've decided to make a blueberry pancake loaf!  Mmm, yum!

Lunches:
Dinner Leftovers (Duh!)
Vegetarian Quesadillas
Spinach, Potato, Onion, Quinoa Salad

Dinners:
Lentil Patty Burgers w/Sweet Potato Fries
Spaghetti Squash, Veggie & Cheese Bake
Eggplant Parmesan
Layered Roasted Veggies & Tortillas
Veggie Pizza

Snacks:
Cookies (Sugar Cookies with almonds)
Veggies, Hummus, & Pita Bread
Chia Seed Pudding

What are the Challenges?
The main challenges will probably be:

1.  Not being lazy, actually making the food and being prepared!
2.  Having ENOUGH food.  I'm planning on 3 meals, 3 snacks a day and no limitation on how big these meals/snacks are.
3.  The temptation to go out to eat!  Especially on the weekends.  But I figure I can still eat vegetarian if I happen to go out.




No comments:

Post a Comment