Monday, December 2, 2013

The HORMONES Made Me Do It

Or maybe they didn't.  I'm starting this blog after realizing that I feel completely stifled in expressing my beliefs.  My boyfriend, Josh, may not agree.  I am an open book to him.  But for anyone else I edit myself.  I don't talk about my religion.  When you come from a family of Christians and you have decided to believe in Paganism, well yeh, it doesn't fly to tell your family that according to their beliefs you will probably be going to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.  I try not to talk about my views on pregnancy and birth because 1) I don't want to shove my views down people's throats and 2) I haven't gotten the most positive responses to my ideas thus far.  Being a Step-Parent figure isn't easy either.  I don't even think I am completely 100% with Josh when it comes to this.  I never planned to be in that role, and I admit that I jumped in completely unprepared.  All I can do is my best, but it ain't easy.

I have my support network; the friends and family that support me and will listen to me go on and on.  But everyone has their limits, and so do I.  It was when I was faced with a coworker that really had me biting my tongue and turning bright red this morning did I realize just how suppressed I felt.  I will be the first to admit that I am having a strong wave of pregnancy hormones today.  Maybe that is why my patience wore so thin.  But then again, I am not so sure I believe that to be the 100% truth.  Part of me knows that I want to be unedited.  I want to tell my truth in full, without fear of offending a close friend or family member.  

And so that is why I come to you, internet my dear old friend.  A world where people can choose to read my ramblings, or move onto the next blog without any hurt feelings.  So if you choose to read, thank you.  Please comment as your unedited self.  And if you decide to move on, namste to you my friend.  I hope you find what you are searching for on this bloggosphere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment