Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top 5 Must Haves & Top 5 Would Like to Haves BEFORE Baby!

I love lists.  No really, I LOVE them!  So today I want to make a list of MUST HAVES before baby comes.  I have two more small baby showers before my due date, the last one is on April 5th, so I will need to wait until then to buy up the Must Haves in case someone gets them for me.

So, in order of importance:

MUST HAVES

#1.  Cloth Diapers - I would like to have ~25 All In One Cloth Diapers.  I'd prefer to have the majority be BumGenius diapers.  I know that I have gotten 9 Cloth Diapers from my first baby shower and they should be arriving any day.  I have found a deal on craigslist for another 18 diapers (10 of which are BumGenius), and there are some Alva New Born diapers that I might be picking up within the next couple of days.  So, hopefully I will have all of these by this weekend!



#2.  A bed rail -  We are planning on co-sleeping.  I'm guesstimating this to cost me $40, and will probably wait until April to buy.

#3.  An Ergo Baby Carrier - I just found a resale shop in our area that says they regularly carry these used as at a discount.  They usually cost a little over $100, and I'd like to get one for about $60.


#4.  A diaper bag!  I'm hoping I'll get the one I registered for at one of the remaining baby showers, so if not I'll order in April.

#5.  Cloth diaper accessories! This includes cloth wipes, wipe warmer, diaper sprayer, trash can, 2 washable trash can liners, waterproof zippered wet bag.  I'm estimating it all to cost me ~$150

WOULD LIKE TO HAVES

#1.  Changing Table & Pad - I'm keeping an eye out on craigslist for a white changing table.  I'll probably hold off on buying the pad until after the showers.  My limit on the changing table is $50.

#2.  Pack n' Play - I'd like to have one, but it isn't a must, at least right away.  I will be helping a friend with her baby though, and so I would like to have it then for sure.

#3.  Swing OR Bouncer - I haven't decided on which.  Might depend on funds since bouncers are so much cheaper.  I'd of course love to have both.

#4.Another car seat - we have already gotten one car seat, but is the one we are planning on putting in my car.  The one for Josh's truck is one of the infant/carrier car seats, and it is the kind he prefers.  We are planning on taking the truck to the birthing center when I go into labor, but of course we could always use the car seat that we already got in a pinch.


#5.  Misc small products; a few bottles, my breast friend pillow, organic diaper cream, first aid/hygiene baby kit thinger (haha), tummy mat and/or play gym, some extra receiving blankets, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment